Sunday, August 12, 2007

Silence and waiting...

It has been a long time since I created a written post. For a while I found it easier to express my thoughts through photos of where I had been and what I had seen, which I hoped would fill-in the blanks. They say, a picture is worth a 1000 words...if what they say is true, then I have said much without pressing my fingers to keys of letters and punctuation marks. These last few months of blog silence have come from a place where I find myself waiting on what I cannot move, purging things I no longer need, dismantling what I had once kept on a high priority and gaining a refreshed perspective of what truly matters to me. A peaceful silence and openness has birthed from this period of waiting. I have found there are things in life worth waiting for even if they never come. In the process of waiting for just a possibility, I have found hope and begun to dream again. It is a daily struggle to choose to wait and not run, to hope and not give up, to love and not fear. I have become more still even when life keeps moving around me. In my silence I see that life speaks, God speaks and people speak sometimes when no one is saying a word.

No comments: