Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If you are still out there, I've decided to return!

Jon reminded me this weekend that I have not blogged in a while. My response to him was, "since moving back in with the Rent's, I haven't felt like talking about my life!" Actually this is only somewhat true, ever since last July I have been living with my parents in, which has meant a longer commute to work, not a lot of space to create, taking a drawing class in the fall, seeing Jon more, having people around all of the time and not having a lot of extra energy to do the things I normally do. Needless to say, yes I am saving money, but it has cost me in other areas too!


I would love to post my drawings from my semester Intro to Drawing course. I did get an "A" in the class, but more than that I was proud of my work. I will try and post photos soon. I would love to take more classes this next semester, but I had a hard time balancing work, life, homework, and class two nights a week. I seem to be tired all of the time, and I think that is mostly because I am busy and I am an introvert and I don't get a lot of quite time to refuel! Something that has helped with this is running.

I started running last summer and did a training program called "Couch to 5k." If you want to become a runner, I would use this program. The first week you run 5 -1 minute intervals. I got up to a 3 miles last summer, then I moved in with my parents and put that aside along with a lot of other things! But, I started running again in January, not as a New Years resolution so much, but more as a I need to get back into shape and my class is over, so I have no excuse resolution! Another part of my resolution, was to go to the Chiropractor and Naturopath to get back into health again. I found this also very helpful, which I'll talk about more in the future. I decided to start the Couch to 5k program again, which was supported by my Naturopath prescribing me a 5 or 8k and a half marathon this year, in order for me to keep motivated to run. I ran the Portland Shamrock Run-8k a few weekends ago and I am now training for a half marathon in July. I have wanted to run a marathon for a really long time now, and I am feeling more and more confident that this is possible. If anyone would like to be my training buddy or join my cheerleading squad please let me know! My parents and Jon were there at the finish line and kept me motivated throughout my training program and that day of the run. Thank you to them!

Now that I have come back to here I hope to write more often. I have more to talk about and my goal is to write at least once a week if not more! Please feel free to comment, I would love to know that you are out there listening!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm so glad you're back. I've had your blog in my favourites bar for months and keep checking in only to see that picture of a lovely shirt :O) excited to hear you're feel in good health.x

Meg said...

He is a dear, that Jon.
SO excited to read your blog, Michelle! I feel like you are doing what I would love to be doing if I was sans five children and a man :)
VICARIOUS blog living...what a treat.

Lana Shaw said...

I'm reading my dear. Thanks for the note on my wall today, it came at a needed time. I would love to know more about the Couch to 5k training program, sounds great. I love reading your posts, keep it up. Wish we could train and run together. I miss my friend. --lana

Michelle said...

Thank you for leaving comments ladies! Lana, the Couch to 5k program can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml or there is an iphone app for it as well. I wish that we could train together too, Maybe we can online somehow!