Tuesday, October 07, 2008

New Favorite Treats


I recently tried Fran's Grey Salt Carmels and my world changed! I have always loved the combination of caramel and dark chocolate, but the added complexity of grey salt...O, my word! Fran's caramels are petite, powerful, and just one leaves you satisfied and thankful! They are pricey little gems, but it is well worth it, and would make a lovely gift for anyone who shares my palate.

My first choice is always for supporting independent artist, but I have noticed other more popular names are also getting on the salt, caramel, chocolate wagon. Word on the street is Starbuck's is launching a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate this fall, which I will most likely pass on. If you cannot find Fran's caramels, I would also highly recommend Haagen Dazs' new Fleur de Sel Caramel Ice cream. It is also quite amazing!

No comments: