Thursday, May 24, 2012

Change Is In The Air!

Our lives here have turned up a notch in the last two weeks, we were busy before, but now if feels as if we are in a sprint everyday. Jon was hired at a pretty awesome place last week and started working the day after he was hired. He is working as a welder-fabricator at a small shop that makes supplies, ovens, and furnaces for glass blowing. He is happy to be working there, because it combines many of his interests! It was a fast transition from stay at home Dad and full-time night student, to full time worker and full time night student. Jon leaves early in the morning for work and comes home for a quick bite of dinner and heads quickly off for school. To say we miss him would be an understatement! Zoe doesn't get to see much of her Daddy, because she is usually sleeping when gets home. We look forward to the weekends even more now. We are thankful for all of his hard work. Today we got a letter in the mail from his school congratulating him for achieving another 4.0 GPA last quarter and for making the Dean's list again, which he has been on every quarter since he went back to school!  He is doing amazing work and we are so proud of him!

Zoe and I stay home together. I am still working having to shuffle things around and get help watching her for the appointments and travel days. I put in my notice at work and will be finishing on May 31st to be a full-time stay at home mom! I am excited about it, but I am also nervous. I have been at my job for six years and the stability, pay, and benefits are nice to have! Those things are small in comparison to the gift of being able to be at home with my sweet girl and being able to support Jon. I have realized how important it is to Jon that I do this, he is exhausted and usually in running mode all day. He needs clean clothes, warm meals, encouragement, smiles from his girls and a place to sit when he comes home! I am going to be glad when I am done with work and can do that better. I also have a huge list of things I want to do during my new "free-time"! These are things I have neglected this last year, because of getting used to this whole parenting gig and working full-time too. What do I want to do you ask? High on the list is lose the pregnancy weight, start running again, have a garage sale, deep clean the house, read, blog, sew, and most importantly enjoy being home with Zoe and make new memories with her! More to come about all of that, because change is in the air!

No comments: