Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's Keeping Me Entertained?

I have noticed while being pregnant I can't watch certain types of movies and TV shows, mainly heavy dramas or suspense are too much for me right now. I enjoy watching what is probably considered girlie shows, funny, romantic, or shows that don't have a lot of depth to them! I have also been enjoying documentaries on Netflix and thought I would share a few I really enjoyed:

Great documentary on Julius Shulman's architectural photography from the 1940's to recent times. Great if you love photography, modern design, and little old men!

I loved this movie! About a New York couple who started collecting art in 1950's from up and coming New York artists. They are a quirky, sweet, older couple and I love how their art collecting is borderline hoarding! 

A documentary on Helvetica typography. It plays toward my love of graphic design. It's interesting and makes you look a fonts a little differently.  

I think every pregnant person and couple should watch this documentary. It confirmed for me our decision to see midwifes for our prenatal care and to have our baby in a birthing center instead of a hospital.
Jon and I loved this documentary! There are little words spoken and no narration, but there is so much said without words. It's a documentary that follows four babies from all over the world, Kenya, Tokyo, Mongolia, and San Francisco from birth to their first year. It makes you rethink how much you need for a baby and shows how babies are raised differently throughout the world.

No comments: